-->

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Is the love of a dog unconditional?


I’ve been out of the blog and although I already have some ideas I haven’t post much… but why?


Because a malefic chaff has decided to live inside my dog’s eye for about 1 week! So… there was a lot of mess in my life… and between 4 treatments a day, with 1 hour length each, and all the concern for the rest of the time, I was not able to keep up with the blog!



For that and for now…




Is the love of a dog unconditional?


When Loki had the ulcer in her eye and I start to realize that I will be responsible to put drops in that beautiful eye about 18 times every day (without even counting the cleaning with saline and the artificial tears) and all this was aggravated because she become sterilized at the same time, so I also have to throw pills for her throat every single day… I thought my dog would hate me shortly!

Every lunch time when I was driving home I was waiting for the day that she’ll no longer come to me with that excitement but rather hide, show that she’s afraid and suspicious of all the terrible things I have done to her.

I really try to see this from her perspective… I know that will be a really human thought, but even then…

“In the other day I felt a really strong pain in my eye and I scratched it a lot, there was so much pain there, I was not able to even open it… suddenly some people grab me… they want to put something in my eye, but it hurts so much…my owner, my best friend was there, do you know what she did? Nothing, she didn’t protected me… instead she also grabs me and hold me there while the other people were doing things that I didn’t understand and that really hurts a lot, I was so scared… then she puts me the most horrible collar, huge… why she shoved this around my neck? Does she not understand that with this I cannot bite my little bones? And with this is too hard for me to run and play with my ball? The other dogs always smell this plastic that I now have around my neck, but I can’t explain to them what I have done so wrong that I deserve this kind of punishment… I feel sad… I trusted her and now she’s always opening my little eye and put some liquids there, some burn a little… and most of all she do it in that eye that already hurts all the time!... worst of all she also make-me swallow things there I know that are no food! Perhaps she doesn’t like me anymore? Is this some kind of torture? We used to be friends… I trusted her so much! I know that I already had a canine family, but I cannot remember my mother or even my little brothers… now she’s all I got… so, why she’s harming me?!”


And yet, without understanding a thing about what happened to her she stills receive-me every time with the same joy, and still licks my face, even when I just done something that she doesn’t like at all, doesn’t understand, and sometimes that even hurts … will a human be able to trust this way? Maybe a baby… in that unique moment in our life with trust in our mother, even when it hurts! It’s like that, a dog trust, that a dog love, unconditionally!

Be kind, be vegan!

No comments:

Post a Comment