-->

Monday, May 23, 2016

How many fruits should you eat a day?

A quick search in the internet results in a good amount of theories that in average go from 2 to 4 fruits a day, with some really fantastic exceptions of 6 fruits! But they all came with a warning… if you want to lose some weight don’t go beyond 3, that means that more than 3 fruits a day is like having a dessert, you can do it, but only if you don’t have weight issues, really? Fruit?

In my life the nutritionists I pass through always advice-me something similar, 2 to 3 portions of fruit a day, with explanation tables about what really is a portion of fruit… because 1 banana is in fact 2 portions, hey I cannot live without bananas, so in the day I would only eat 1 banana and some other piece of fruit!!! OMG, but is fruit! Why?

I have never heard someone say - poor guy, he dead of heart attack because he eats to much fruit :O or, she’s fat because she eats to much fruit! In fact I think that everyone agrees that will be strange to hear something like that!

To you think the mother monkey teaches his baby not to overload in fruit?! :D
Using one of my days as example I ate 4 bananas (8 portions of fruit!), 2 slices of casaba melon (2 portions) and 3 kiwis (3 portions)… OMG in my entire day I ate about 13 portions of fruit – about 630 calories!!! I must be really fat! X)


That’s terrible, 4 bananas? That’s too much!


But eating all alone a medium pizza or even family size … that’s not so strange right? However even a small pizza (the ones we give to our children) has in average more calories than all the fruit I eat – cronometer data. Do you want to compare the nutrition in both options? Is anyone that thinks that 630 calories of fruit are the same of 630 calories of pizza?


Some days I will eat less fruit and other I eat more… I just eat what I feel like and that is damn good!



Be kind, be vegan! (and eat your fruit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment